The Blade skill determines the player characters proficiency with blades, such daggers, shortswords, longswords and two-handed swords and the resulting damage, along the attribute Strength. For list of the weapons which fall under the skill, see:
Manual training[edit | edit source]
The only way to train blades is by attacking enemies. This can be done with any creature found in Nehrim or anything summoned with the Conjuration skill. Whether the creature is summoned or found somewhere, key is to increase the amount of hits before it dies. This can be done by lowering the durability of the weapon to about 20 by blocking, which can be done until block level 50 (then weapons and shields get no longer damaged with blocking) or by attacking, but attacking takes quite a longer time than blocking. Then the fatigue bar should be near depleted when attacking to lower the amount of damage even more.
With conjuration, it can be trained nearly everywhere, whereas by finding creatures, an area must be picked with where there a lot of relatively weak enemies, such as Fold Valley. Find a creature, which attacks swiftly and has predictable attacks, such as a Wolf or a Young Boar. Make the creature hostile and continue blocking the attacks, until the durability of the training weapons is low (20 or below that).
This method also requires some hammers and a reliable way to heal the character for a long time.
Advantages conjuration method[edit | edit source]
- Training can be done virtually everywhere in a controlled enviroment, at the player's convenience and creature of choice.
- No gains in experience point, thus able to train and gain perfect level ups (+5 to strength) if done right.
- The summoned creature can sometimes be placed in spots where it's unable to attack the player character due to melee attack range.
Advantages finding creatures method[edit | edit source]
- Able to gain experience points and other awards, especially when Hunting skills are unlocked.
- Can be combined with exploring a certain area.
Trainers[edit | edit source]
- Lathorius in the Arcane Sanctum
- Hassan Mardun in the Mage's Cave of Erothin.
- Teridan in the Thieves Den of Erothin.
- Kahldor at Asmiralda's Adventurers' Shelter at the Tirin Abbey.
- War Veteran Khurn at Salen.
- Sarah at Mountain Monastery.
- Philus, found in the Barracks Courtyard of Cahbaet.
- Persan, found in the harbor of Ostian.
- Arena Fighter Jor found at the Ostian Arena.
Athletics • Block • Blade • Blunt • Crafting • Hand to Hand • Heavy armour
Brewing • Cooking • Forging • Melting • Mining • Sharpening • Treasure hunting
Alchemy • Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Mysticism • Restoration
Acrobatics • Light armour • Marksman • Mercantile • Speechcraft • Sneak • Security