The Blunt skill determines the player characters proficiency with blunt weapons, such as axes, maces, clubs and two-handed axes and hammers and the resulting damage, along the attribute Strength. For list of the weapons which fall under the skill, see:
The perks are comparable with Hand to Hand, while Blade and Blunt are almost the same weapons, except that blunt weapons inflict more damage and have better odds at staggering enemies, but they are slower than bladed weapons which comparable reach.
Manual training[edit | edit source]
The only way to train blunt is by attacking enemies. This can be done with any creature found in Nehrim or anything summoned with the Conjuration skill. Whether the creature is summoned or found somewhere, key is to increase the amount of hits before it dies. This can be done by lowering the durability of the weapon to about 20 by blocking, which can be done until block level 50 (then weapons and shields get no longer damaged with blocking) or by attacking, but attacking takes quite a longer time than blocking. Then the fatigue bar should be near depleted when attacking to lower the amount of damage even more.
With conjuration, it can be trained nearly everywhere, whereas by finding creatures, an area must be picked with where there a lot of relatively weak enemies, such as Fold Valley. Find a creature, which attacks swiftly and has predictable attacks, such as a Wolf or a Young Boar. Make the creature hostile and continue blocking the attacks, until the durability of the training weapons is low (20 or below that).
This method also requires some hammers and a reliable way to heal the character for a long time.
Advantages conjuration method[edit | edit source]
- Training can be done virtually everywhere in a controlled enviroment, at the player's convenience and creature of choice.
- No gains in experience point, thus able to train and gain perfect level ups (+5 to strength) if done right.
- The summoned creature can sometimes be placed in spots where it's unable to attack the player character due to melee attack range.
Advantages finding creatures method[edit | edit source]
- Able to gain experience points and other awards, especially when Hunting skills are unlocked.
- Can be combined with exploring a certain area.
Trainers[edit | edit source]
- Lathorius in the Arcane Sanctum
- Louis the Smith in the shop Louis the Armorer in Erothin.
- Teridan in the Thieves Den of Erothin.
- War Veteran Khurn at Salen.
- Osmar the Smith at Osmar's Forge in the Mountain Monastery.
- Elgor at Elgor's Armor and Weapon Store in Cahbaet.
- Tastor, found in the Barracks Courtyard of Cahbaet.
- Jonas the Smith, found in the marketplace of Ostian.
- Balgo found at the Ostian Arena.
Athletics • Block • Blade • Blunt • Crafting • Hand to Hand • Heavy armour
Brewing • Cooking • Forging • Melting • Mining • Sharpening • Treasure hunting
Alchemy • Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Mysticism • Restoration
Acrobatics • Light armour • Marksman • Mercantile • Speechcraft • Sneak • Security