Erothin is the first city which can be entered by the player character. Like many other places in the area, the city is named after Erodan, The Light-Born which was the ruler of Nehrim, until he was killed by Narathzul Arantheal. The city can be entered by the long bridge, which is open from 8:00 until 20:00 o'clock.
The city can however, still be entered outside of these times, but it requires some swimming. The first way is by swimming from the land to, along the long bridge, and jumping on patch of land right to the bridge, near an entrance to the Erothin, Sewers, Southern Out Flow. The character should have decent acrobatics to succeed.
Governors[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Culture[edit | edit source]
Districts/Places[edit | edit source]
- Erothin Farmer Village - a village with a lot of farmers which offers some basic services. The peasants are roughly treated by their civilized superiors.
- Erothin, Fortress Plaza
- Erothin, Barracks
- Foreign Quarter and Upper Quarter - commercial parts of the city.
- Backyard - a small place surrounded by a wall with an entrance to the Sewers and a quest with the bathhouse.
- Rigthteousness Plaza, Court - a residential area for highly cultured people. Here we can find the historian Gervasius' Estate, Art Gallery, the bookstore and Judge's House.
- Market Plaza - a place where merchants' stalls are piled up with various goods.
- Waterfront - a seaside area where ships are anchored and ready to set sail.
- Harbor - a small area with some basic buildings and a small cemetery and entrance to the Crypt.
- Old Port of Erothin - situated in the outskirts of Erothin. The Port is inhabited by the lowest class of the society such as beggars and other suspicious personalities.
Services[edit | edit source]
Secure Chest[edit | edit source]
The Secure chest is located in Market Plaza. There are three more chest. The first is in the bank, another one is in House for sale and the last in Palace, Throne hall. The second you get when buying a house and the one in palace after you gain permanent access to the Erothin, Fortress Plaza after the events in main quest The Chancellor's Fate.
Other places[edit | edit source]
- Erothin, Courthouse
- Menagerie - a collection of animal statues.
- Poor People's Last Home - an explorable mass grave full of undead creatures.
- Erothin, Crypt - explorable crypt with a lot of ghosts and other creatures.
- Erothin Sewers - exlorable canals with a lot of creatures. The canals are also a perfect hideout for the outcasts of the society (Thieves den).
- Mage's Cave - a magic sanctuary in Eorthin.
- Jail of Erothin - accessible during The Escape MQ.
- Erothin, Sewers - accessible during The Escape MQ.
Occupants[edit | edit source]
|Erothin, Barracks||Erothin, Fortress Plaza||Old Port of Erothin|
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
Erothin-related Main Quests
Erothin-related Side Quests
- Predatory Bird
- The key to cleanliness
- House in Erothin
- Fine Spider Silk
- Artifacts from the Past
- Bank of Erothin
Map[edit | edit source]
Other notes[edit | edit source]
- Magic Prohibition - in Middlerealm you are not allowed to use magic in cities (Chancellor's Anti Mage Law). However, acting against the law (at least once) will earn you a 'Magic Prohibition' achievement.
- In some cases the gates to Erothin were closed. In patch 184.108.40.206 the gates of Erothin can now be opened manually by daylight (by spacebar activation), in case a (still unexplainable) bug prevents them from opening automatically.