Leveling in Nehrim is different than in vanilla Oblivion. In order to gain a level, the player's character must get enough Experience Points (EP). The amount of needed points becomes larger for each level, but the amount of experience gained from actions, stays the same.
Experience points can be gained the following ways:
- Completing quests
- Killing enemies
- Through Crafting
- Finding hidden Nehrim symbols
- Finding locations on the Nehrim map
- Other minor actions, eg. opening a bank account
Levelling UpEditattributes to increase. The amount of points the attribute increases, depends on the total number of skill increases which are governed by the attribute. Do note that level ups in skills from trainers are not calculated in the score.
|10 or more.||+5|
At the first level, the player character receives 10 learning points and thereafter, gains seven points for each level. These points can be used to train skills at trainers, though they can still be increased without trainers, by practicing the activities related to the skill.
Learning points can also be gained by reading Textbooks.
Gaining Learning PointsEdit
With each level, you also gain some Learning Points. You can check the exact number of your Learning Points in your diary.
- There appears to be a bug that for some players the game freezes up for some time when they level up. Try waiting a few seconds before pressing OK. The bug will be fixed in the next English patch.
- Your level up diary and first level should appear after killing the Black Troll . If it doesn't appear, you can try triggering it manually by using a console command: Set StartGlobal to 1
|Level||Experience needed||Experience needed cumulative||Other|
|1||N.a.||N.a.||Access to magic rank I|
|7||3000||Access to magic rank II|
|14||Access to magic rank III|
|21||Access to magic rank IV|
|28||Access to magic rank V|
|35||Access to magic rank VI|
|42||Access to magic rank VII|