- Iron requires level 25 armorer and 8 coal.
- Silver requires level 50 armorer and 6 coal.
- Gold requires level 75 armorer and 4 coal.
- Thorium requires level 100 armorer and 10 coal.
Tools[edit | edit source]
Tools Required[edit | edit source]
- Smelting Tongs
Acquiring the Tools[edit | edit source]
- Buy from Smiths
- Explore the world (moderately common to find. They can be found out in the open in many locations and are usually free to take.)
Materials[edit | edit source]
Materials Required[edit | edit source]
The different materials that can be smelted are:
- Iron ore,
- Silver nugget,
- Gold nugget,
- Thorium nugget.
Acquiring the Materials[edit | edit source]
- Thorium Nugget (Tyrat, Tyr's Chamber during the main quest The Help of the Fallen)
Places[edit | edit source]
Furnaces can be found in most towns, at the smith, and are free to use.
Procedure[edit | edit source]
Each one requires four units of the material and a different amount of coal for each. To smelt you need to find a furnace to smelt in, and possess a smelting tongs. The process of smelting is simple. Activate the bellows next to the forge two or three times then select the forge. A menu pops up asking what you want to smelt. Simply pick the appropriate selection, and the raw materials are deducted from your inventory and an ingot/bar is added to your inventory.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes the game informs you that you need Crafting skill to be able to craft something. Crafting= Armorer. Simply learn some Armorer skill from trainers (mostly smiths).
Athletics • Block • Blade • Blunt • Crafting • Hand to Hand • Heavy armour
Brewing • Cooking • Forging • Melting • Mining • Sharpening • Treasure hunting
Alchemy • Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Mysticism • Restoration
Acrobatics • Light armour • Marksman • Mercantile • Speechcraft • Sneak • Security